AD (728x90)

Sunday 16 December 2012

CHRISTMAS SONG OF THE DAY

Share it Please
1) Watch the music video 

2) Close your eyes and listen to the lyrics 

3) Read the song lyrics 

4) Read the song lyrics whilst listening to the music video at the same time
 
 

The Pogues Featuring Kirsty MacColl - Fairytale Of New York

 
 
It was Christmas Eve babe 
In the drunk tank 
An old man said to me, won't see another one 
And then he sang a song 
The Rare Old Mountain Dew 
I turned my face away 
And dreamed about you 

Got on a lucky one 
Came in eighteen to one 
I've got a feeling 
This year's for me and you 
So happy Christmas 
I love you baby 
I can see a better time 
When all our dreams come true 

They've got cars big as bars 
They've got rivers of gold 
But the wind goes right through you 
It's no place for the old 
When you first took my hand 
On a cold Christmas Eve 
You promised me 
Broadway was waiting for me 

You were handsome 
You were pretty 
Queen of New York City 
When the band finished playing 
They howled out for more 
Sinatra was swinging, 
All the drunks they were singing 
We kissed on a corner 
Then danced through the night 

The boys of the NYPD choir 
Were singing "Galway Bay"
And the bells were ringing out 
For Christmas day 

You're a bum 
You're a punk 
You're an old slut on junk 
Lying there almost dead on a drip in that bed 
You scumbag, you maggot 
You cheap lousy faggot 
Happy Christmas your arse 
I pray God it's our last 

The boys of the NYPD choir 
Still singing "Galway Bay" 
And the bells were ringing out 
For Christmas day 

I could have been someone 
Well so could anyone 
You took my dreams from me 
When I first found you 
I kept them with me babe 
I put them with my own 
Can't make it all alone 
I've built my dreams around you 

The boys of the NYPD choir 
Still singing "Galway Bay" 
And the bells are ringing out 
For Christmas day 

Written by

Native English Spain is dedicated to make learning English simple, fun and affordable for Spanish people.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

© 2013 NATIVE ENGLISH SPAIN. All rights resevered. Designed by GauravVish | Templateism