AD (728x90)

Friday 10 May 2013

Song of the day: 90's

Share it Please

1) Watch the music video
2) Close your eyes and listen to the lyrics
3) Read the song lyrics
4) Read the song lyrics whilst listening to the music video at the same time


The Fugees - Ready Or Not

Ready or not, here I come, you can't hideGonna find you and take it slowlyReady or not, here I come, you can't hideGonna find you and make you want me
Now that I escape, sleepwalker awakeThose who could relate know the world ain't cakeJail bars ain't golden gates, those who fake, they breakWhen they meet their four hundred pound mate
If I could rule the world everyone would have a gunIn the ghetto of course when giddyupin' on their horseI kick a rhyme drinkin' moonshineI pour a sip on the concrete for the deceasedBut no don't weep
Wyclef's in a state of sleepThinkin' 'bout the robbery that I did last weekMoney in the bag, banker looked like a dragI want to play with pelicans from here to Baghdad
Gun blast, think fast, I think I'm hitMy girl pinched my hips to see if I still existI think not, I'll send a letter to my friendsA born again hooligan only to be king again
Ready or not, here I come, you can't hideGonna find you and take it slowlyReady or not, here I come, you can't hideGonna find you and make you want me
I play my enemies like a game of chess,Where I rest, no stress if you don't smoke sess, lestI must confess, my destiny's manifestIn some Goretex and sweats I make treks like I'm homeless
Rap orgies with Porgy and BessCapture your bounty like Elliot NessYes, bless you if you represent the FuBut I'll hex you with some witch's brewIf you're doo doo, voo doo, I can do what you do
Easy, believe meFrontin' niggas give me hee-bee-gee-beesSo while you're imitating Al Capone I'll be Nina SimoneAnd defalcating on your microphone
Ready or not, here I come, you can't hideGonna find you and take it slowly
You can't run away from these styles I gotOh, baby, hey, baby, 'cause I got a lot, oh, yeahAnd anywhere you go, my whole crew's gonna knowOh baby, hey baby, you can't hide from the block, oh no
Ready or not, refugees takin' overThe Buffalo soldier, dread-lock rhastaOn the twelfth hour, fly by in my bomberCrews run for cover now they're under pushin' up flowers
Superfly true lies, do or die, toss me highOnly puff la with my crew from lock highI refugee from Guantanamo BayDance around the border like I'm Cassius Class
Ready or not, here I come, you can't hideGonna find you and take it slowlyReady or not, here I come, you can't hideGonna find you and make you want me
Ready or not, here I come, you can't hideGonna find you and take it slowlyReady or not, here I come, you can't hideGonna find you and make you want me

Written by

Native English Spain is dedicated to make learning English simple, fun and affordable for Spanish people.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

© 2013 NATIVE ENGLISH SPAIN. All rights resevered. Designed by GauravVish | Templateism